NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN. RULES APPLY TO ALL CONTESTS AND PRIZE DRAWINGS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Contest Description: Each contest or prize drawing will be announced individually on the NextBio blog. Contests are independent of one another. Participation in one does not imply entry into the next. If a participant is disqualified for any reason from one contest, they will not be eligible to participate in any further contests.
- Eligibility: The NextBio Contests (the “Contest”) are open to legal residents of the U.S., age 18 or older, who have an active e-mail account and Internet access as of the beginning of the Contest period. Employees of NextBio and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and fulfillment agencies, their immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules (“Official Rules“).
- Entries: Entries are limited to one per person per contest. All entries must be received by NextBio by 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time on the last date specified for each contest. Entries for each contest are independent of other entries.
- Selection of Winners: Entries will be judged based on the criteria described in the blog post announcing each contest. All contest decisions will be final. Winners will be notified by e-mail.
- Prizes: Each contest has prizes independent of previous or subsequent entries. Prizes will be announced with each contest individually. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes that apply to prizes, and must provide appropriate taxpayer identification information when requested to NextBio for reporting purposes. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of NextBio for a prize of equal or greater value. NextBio will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries.
- Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified by e-mail within five (5) business days of selection, and may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within fourteen (14) days of notification. If a selected Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account specified in the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No automatically generated entries will be accepted.
- General Rules: By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. All contests are offered by NextBio, 475 E El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95050, which is not responsible for late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise, or for theft or destruction or unauthorized access or alterations of entry materials, phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. By participating and winning a prize, Winner releases NextBio, its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, and agents, from any and all liability with respect to the Contest or the acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond NextBio’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. NextBio’s decisions in all respects relative to the Contest are final. NextBio reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Contest is compromised, without liability to the entrant. NextBio reserves the right to disqualify any winner, as determined by NextBio in its sole discretion. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
- Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited, by accepting any prize, Winner consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, winning entry and statements attributed to winner (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. All entries become property of NextBio and none will be acknowledged or returned.